Wow, Tuesday Trifle on a Wednesday! Starting a new habit is difficult! I probably could have used Gala Darling’s advice on getting organized.
Gala is seriously one of my gurus, check out her sad trombone list, 100 Things To Do When You’re Upset and her advice on making the most of any workshop or event.
BuzzFeed never fails to entertain: 37 Reasons Why Spice World is a Cinematic Masterpiece (as if you needed 37 reasons to watch Spice World! Frankly I’m gutted it’s not streaming online anywhere) and 12 Questions Disney Forgot to Answer about Beauty and the Beast (Some of these plot holes are things I just figured were answered with MAGIC. Like I always thought the prince stopped aging when he turned into the beast, so the portraits and such never concerned me.) This my all time favorite BuzzFeed article: “Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory” Is Actually A Movie Full Of Jerks
We all know I’m obsessed with triangles, but I’m seriously in love with this ring.
Rose Gold Spike Ring by Stefanie Sheehan
Erin at Design for Mankind discusses The Style of Self
Chuck Berry was interviewed by a punk zine in 1980 and shared his thoughts on The Clash, The Sex Pistols and more.
Cracked offers 5 Mind-Blowing Facts Nobody Told You About Guns
Download Sophie Ellis-Bextor’s new track Young Blood here for free! I love the new direction her music is going!
And now some book & library links!
- Salon talks about the rise of the Amish romance novel
- Letters to a Young Librarian discusses the line between relationship building and gossiping.
- A friend of mine tweeted this article saying she likes to look at it periodically: Advice for New Storytime Providers
- Shayna discusses making a lasting impression on INALJ.
- Ten Easy Reasons Librarianship is a Rewarding Profession
- Opinion piece at Book Riot: Book-less Libraries and Other Contemporary Realities.
Mayim Bialik discusses being a scientist and an actor.
NEW Fall Out Boy video! The Phoenix. I’ve been listening to this song on repeat, I’m obsessed with it.
I’m really interested in watching this film on PBS’s POV. My local affiliate didn’t air it, but luckily it’s online until April 23.
That’s all for this week. xoxo